The BRAND NEW backyard/outdoor game that combines the best of Corn-hole, darts and fishing!
My name is Wayson Wight and I'm the inventor of CAST-A-WAY game, the new and exciting backyard game-set that's portable, durable, and allows for endless opportunity of dynamic and changing game-play.
One thing we can find common ground on in today's polarized world is that backyard games are fun. ;) Many of you have played a good game of corn-hole, lawn darts or croquet. I'm confident that you'll find CAST-A-WAY backyard casting game to be as fun and entertaining as any of these existing popular outdoor games.
Allow me tell a quick story about the creation of a game...
6 years ago I became a father. This last detail is important to this story because for the last few years my son has become obsessed with all things fishing! (I know I'm not alone here)
In an attempt to keep up with him and his relentless peer pressure to actually take him fishing I would set him up with a weighted hook-less lure and encourage him to practice his casting by hitting objects throughout the yard.
I watched him get more and more accurate with his casting and continue to get familiar with how to use his fishing pole/reel. Most importantly he was having a blast! Getting better at casting while having fun... A flash of inspiration and CAST-A-WAY practice casting game was born!!!
My primary goal in creating the game is to allow anyone with an interest in fishing the opportunity to safely practice casting from the comfort of a backyard or favorite camp spot and have a lot of fun doing it. Think of it as a combination of corn-hole, darts, and fishing. (pretty good trio!)
Portability meets dynamic game play.
A 2ft wide by 4ft tall inflatable velcro topped game-board that can be played almost anywhere. Get together with friends and family and enjoy CAST-A-WAY's dynamic game-play in the backyard, at the pool, the campsite or favorite lake!
Game-board top cover and casting objects are Veclro (hook and loop) allowing the cast to land and stick exactly where hit the board. This allows a huge variety of game-play and challenge levels.
- 1) "10 casts" Each player gets a total of 10 cast, whoever has the highest total points at the end of the 10 wins the game.
- 2) "First one to 200" Using a cast- for cast approach, whichever player gets a total point score of 200 (you can use any total you want) wins the game.
- 3) "Legendary Fish" The board is separated into 7 zones, each one has a detailed drawing of a popular sport fish species associated with it. To win the "Legendary Fish" version, a player must be the first to land the lure and "catch" each one of the 7 fish.
- a) For a shorter game- players can call out a species and the first one to "catch" (land on the spot on the board associated with the fish) wins the game.
THE "LEGENDARY FISH" GRAPHICS FEATURED ON THE GAME-BOARD
IMPROVE CASTING-INTRODUCTION TO GEAR
- Practice makes perfect and the game-play of CAST-A-WAY will improve angler's of all abilities casting prowess.
- A great way to introduce youth to fishing, get them comfortable with their gear in the back-yard so they can catch fish on the water. (Added benefit for younger playrs is the game-play will improve elementary age math skills with the score-keeping)
- Improve fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination among the younger players.
- Included lure weights specifically designed to imitate the weight/feel of common real fishing lures to allow for practice that actually translates to the lake/river while fishing.
SMALL AND PORTABLE
SETS UP IN MINUTES
EASY TO DEFLATE AND TAKE DOWN
WHEN DEFLATED- EASY TO STORE OR TRAVEL WITH
Where will YOU take CAST-A-WAY?
YOUR FAVORITE LAKE
WHO SHOULD BUY CAST-A-WAY GAMESET???
- 1) Anyone with an interest in fishing who loves to have fun.
- 2) Parents trying to help their young future fishermen/women get familiar with their gear and get better at casting. A natural side-effect and benefit of children playing this game is that it will enhance their hand-eye coordination and fine motor development. It also gets them outside and away from screens.
- 3) Serious anglers who want to hone their skills while not on the water. Aim small, miss small with this game. You will without a doubt become more accurate with casts after playing and have more confidence when you need to make that perfect cast on the river/lake. Lures are designed specifically to imitate weights/sizes of commonly used lures allowing the practice on CAST-A-WAY to translate to the lake/river when you're after fish.
- 4) Friends/families looking for new and interesting backyard games to spend quality time together. Bottom line: this game is fun and easy to play for long-periods of time and is best practiced in groups.